aPHR certification from HRCI could give you the needed career boost and help you stand out in the crowd. aPHR practice tests helps you in the preparation journey and grab your certification.
What Is the aPHR Certification All About?
aPHR stands for “Associate Professional in Human Resources.” It is a certification offered by the HRCI organization. The APHR certification is designed for individuals who are new to the field of HR or possess minimal field experience. The aPHR certification is suitable for both HR and non-HR professionals. The certification is earned by passing the examination that covers topics such as-
- Compliance & Risk Management
- Employee Relations
- Compensation & Benefits
- Learning & Development
What Is the aPHR Exam Structure?
The aPHR exam is a 90-minute long exam where your knowledge regarding different HR domains will be tested. Upon passing the aPHR exam and meeting the experience requirements, individuals will be awarded the aPHR certification. The aPHR certification stays valid for three years. You should earn 45 recertification credits over a three-year time span or retake the exam.
aPHR Exam Preparation Tips:
To prepare for the aPHR certification, you can follow these steps:
- Review the aPHR exam content outline and familiarize yourself with the topics that will be covered.
- Use study materials such as textbooks, study guides, and practice exams to enhance your knowledge and skills.
- Take a review course to gain a comprehensive understanding of the material and to learn test-taking strategies.
- Make sure you are familiar with the format of the test, including the types of questions that will be asked, and the time limits for each section.
- Practice, practice, practice with aPHR practice test. Take as many practice exams as possible to become comfortable with the format and to identify areas where you need further study. The practice on the exam structure would help you to complete the aPHR exam within time and score better.
- On the day of the exam, make sure you are well-rested, arrive early, and bring all necessary documents with you.
- Finally, be sure to give yourself enough time to study and prepare for the exam before the test date.
- It is also important to note that certification exams are not easy, they are designed to be challenging, so you need to set aside enough time to study, use different sources and take the practice tests.
Benefits of Having the aPHR Certification:
Holding the Associate Professional in Human Resources certification can provide a number of benefits for your career in the field of human resources. Some of the key benefits include:
Increased Credibility and Recognition:
The aPHR certification demonstrates to employers and colleagues that you have a strong understanding of the principles and practices of human resources, and have passed a rigorous exam to prove it. This can help you gain credibility and recognition within your organization and in the HR industry as a whole.
Professional development: Preparing for the Associate Professional in Human Resources exam can help you develop a deeper understanding of the key concepts and issues related to human resources, which can help you advance your career.
Many organizations value the aPHR certification when hiring for HR positions, and may consider certified candidates before those without the certification. Additionally, holding the credential can open doors to advancement opportunities within your current organization.
Increased Earning Potential:
According to HRCI, HR professionals with certifications earn on average 20% more than those without. Holding the certification can help you command a higher salary and improve your earning potential over time.
Networking opportunities: Joining the HR Certification Institute (HRCI) as a certified professional gives you access to various networking opportunities such as events, webinars, and online groups. This can help you connect with other HR professionals and stay current with industry trends and best practices.
Keeps You Updated:
To maintain your certification, you must complete continuing education credits, this ensures you are up-to-date with the latest developments in the field and can provide valuable insights and suggestions to your organization.
As the aPHR is globally recognized, it opens up the opportunity for you to work with international organizations and in different countries, which can be an exciting prospect for many.
Overall, holding the aPHR certification can provide a number of benefits that can help you advance your career in human resources and improve your earning potential. It also helps you to stay up-to-date with the latest developments in the field. Therefore, study hard, take practice tests and ensure success.