The primary objective of HRM is to ensure the availability of competent and willing workforce for an organization. Beyond this, there are other objectives too. Specifically, HRM objectives are four fold: Societal, Organization, Functional and personal.
To assist Employees in achieving their personal goals, at least in so far as these goals enhance the individual’s contribution to the organization. Personal objectives of employees must be maintained, retained and motivated.
To maintain the contribution of department at an appropriate level organization should fulfill the needs. Resources are wasted when HRM is either more or less sophisticated to suit the organizations demands.
To recognize the role ofHRM in bringing about organizational effectiveness, HRM is not an end in itselfbut it is only a mean to assist the organization with its primary objectives organization.
To be ethically & socially responsible for the needs and challenges of society while minimizing the negative impact of such demands upon the organization to use their resources for society’s benefits in ethical ways may lead to restriction.
- Accomplish the basic organizational goals by creating and utilizing an able and motivated workforce.
- To establish and maintain organizational structure and desirable working relationships among all the members ofthe organization.
- Develop co-ordination among individual and group within organization to secure the integration of organization.
- To create facilities and opportunities for individual or group development so as to match it with the growth ofthe organization.
- To attain an effective utilization of human resources in the achievement of rganizational goals.
- To identify and satisfy individual and group needs by providing adequate and equitable wages, incentives, employee benefits and social security and measures for challenging work, prestige, recognition, security, status.
- To maintain high employees morale and human relations by sustaining and improving the various conditions and facilities.
- To strengthen and appreciate the human assets continuously by providing training and development programs.
- To consider and contribute to the minimization ofsocio-economic evils such as unemployment, under employment, inequalities in the distribution of income and wealth and to improve the welfare ofthe society by providing employment opportunities to women and disadvantaged sections ofthe society.
- To provide an opportunity for expression and voice management.
- To provide fair, acceptable and efficient leadership.
- To provide facilities and conditions of work and creation of favorable atmosphere for maintaining stability of employment.
- To create & utilize an able & motivated work force Establish & maintain sound organizational structure Create facilities attain an effective utilization Identify & satisfy individual & group needs.
- Maintain high employee morale Training & development Opportunity for expression Provide fair, acceptable and efficient leadership Facilities and conditions