If you are looking for a career in human resources, you may have heard of the HRCI Global Professional in Human Resources (GPHR) certification. The GPHR certification is offered by the HR Certification Institute (HRCI), a renowned organization in HR certifications. As a highly respected certification, the GPHR can significantly boost your HR career and earning potential.
This article will discuss the HRCI Global Professional in Human Resources certification and explore the potential salary range for certified professionals. We will also cover the benefits of obtaining this certification and how it can impact your career.
What is the HRCI GPHR Certification?
The HRCI GPHR certification is designed for professionals with a global perspective who are involved in international HR operations. The certification exam covers three main areas: global HR strategic planning, global talent management, and global mobility.
Are You Eligible to Take the HRCI GPHR Certification Exam?
To qualify for the GPHR certification, you need to satisfy at least one of the following education and/or experience criteria:
- Hold a Master’s degree or higher and have a minimum of two years of experience in a professional-level HR position,
- Possess a Bachelor’s degree and a minimum of three years of experience in a professional-level HR position,
- or have at least four years of experience in a professional-level HR position.
Salary Range for HRCI GPHR-certified Professionals:
The salary range for HRCI GPHR-certified professionals can vary depending on several factors, including industry, location, experience, and job title. Generally, those with the certification can expect to earn a higher salary than their non-certified peers.
According to the HRCI 2021 Certification Salary Report, GPHR-certified professionals in the United States earn an average salary of $131,000 per year, with a median salary of $125,000. The report also indicates that those with certification in management or executive roles earn significantly higher salaries, with an average of $167,000 per year.
Outside of the United States, the salary range for GPHR-certified professionals can also vary. In Canada, professionals earn an average of CAD 121,000 per year, while in India, the average salary is INR 1,200,000 per year.
Factors Affecting Salary Range for HRCI GPHR-certified Professionals:
- As mentioned earlier, several factors can affect the salary range for HRCI GPHR-certified professionals. Industry and job title are two of the most significant factors. For example, those in the finance or technology industries may earn a higher salary than those in the retail or hospitality industries.
- Location is another crucial factor. In general, those working in metropolitan areas or cities with a high cost of living may earn a higher salary than those in smaller cities or rural areas.
- Experience is also a significant factor, with those with more years of experience earning a higher salary. Additionally, those in management or executive roles may earn a higher salary than those in entry-level or mid-level positions.
What Career Benefits Await After the GPHR Certification?
Earning the HRCI Global Professional in Human Resources (GPHR) certification can be an excellent step for your career if you are an HR professional with a global perspective and are involved in international HR operations. The GPHR certification is designed to recognize HR professionals’ expertise and knowledge in global HR operations, which employers worldwide highly value.
Improved Credibility with the GPHR Certification:
Earning the certification can enhance your credibility and reputation as an HR professional, opening up opportunities for advancement and increasing earning potential. According to the HRCI, GPHR-certified professionals earn an average salary of $129,000 annually, significantly higher than non-certified HR professionals.
Prove Your Commitment:
Furthermore, the certification signifies your commitment to ongoing learning and development, essential in today’s rapidly changing business environment. It demonstrates your dedication to staying up-to-date with the latest HR trends, practices, and regulations, which can benefit you and your organization.
Earn Global Skills:
By pursuing the HRCI GPHR certification, you can also expand your knowledge and skills in global HR strategic planning, talent acquisition and mobility, and talent development and performance management. These skills are in high demand as companies increasingly operate worldwide and seek HR professionals with a global perspective.
Moreover, the HRCI GPHR certification is recognized globally and can increase your career mobility. The certification can help you stand out in a competitive job market and open opportunities for international assignments or relocation.
Earning the HRCI GPHR certification can benefit your career in many ways. It can enhance your credibility and reputation as an HR professional, increase your earning potential, and expand your knowledge and skills in global HR operations. Therefore, earn the GPHR certification to prove your skills and earn better.