The PHR, or Professional in Human Resources designation, is from the Human Resource Certification Institute (HRCI). The PHR shows mastery of HR management’s technical and operational features, including U.S. laws and regulations.
The PHR is for the HR professional who has experience with application implementation, has a tactical/logistical orientation, is responsible to another HR professional within the organization, and has responsibilities that focus on the HR function rather than the whole organization.
Studying for the PHR exam requires you to make a significant financial and time commitment. Before you register for the PHR certification, you will need to understand the format of the exam, what you will need to do to prepare, and why getting certified. Only you can determine how much time you can commit to studying, given your other obligations, and you will need to use that information to create a study plan that is comfortable for you.
The Professional in Human Resources (PHR) is a certification available to professionals who operate a position in Human Resources. The Human Resource Certification Institute (HRCI) allows the PHR to professionals who have experience with program implementation, the human resources organizational structure, and HR practices.
The PHR exam covers a kind of human resources topics, like compensation and advantages, testing applicants’ mastery of ideas and foundational information. The PHR is available to HR professionals in the United States.
Is PHR Certification Better than aPHR Certification?
The aPHR certification provides you a broad base of HR knowledge to prepare you for an entry-level position before you have HR experience. It is a powerful tool for assisting you in starting your career.
The aPHR exam covers general HR subjects, such as HR operations, recruitment, benefits, etc. It is an introduction to HR.
In contrast, the PHR exam trains you in more complex ideas, including higher-level thinking about HR and more demanding job duties. If you already have a year or more experience in HR work, PHR certification may serve you better.
Essential Aspects to Consider for PHR Certification
The candidates for the PHR certification exam must have an understanding of the human resource setup. The PHR exam includes the roles and responsibilities of the human resource manager. They ought to have understood before sitting for this exam.
One must have been in the business field for any time. This will help one to compare the questions targeted to the answer using the real business scenario. The questions will be familiar to someone who has the necessary experience.
The managers who do this PHR certification must have the want to pass it during the first trial. Motivation encourages one to gain confidence that is necessary when facing any challenging certification exam as PHR.
Powerful Techniques for the Tough PHR Certification
PHR certification needs the candidate to read passionately and widely as he/she takes the essential points that are beneficial. Everyone is aware that enough reading is the first step to pass the exam. The challenging aspect is not what to do but how to make sounds more appropriate for this context.
The summarized tips from successful business associates and professional human resource managers are available here:
- Practice HR theories that are highlighted in the curriculum concepts. PHR concepts cannot be identified as a song or a memory line to be precise.
- Rely on many resources that describe the concepts that sound complex to you. They are represented in most training materials.
- Take your preparation period necessary as the exam itself. Concentrate on every point because you cannot tell the contents of the exam.
- Have a study plan that can put you on the right channel every time you prepare for the PHR exam. The lack of a study plan can make you learn badly.
- Have a strong belief that you can pass even when everything seems to be tough. Try to reason beyond the exam environment.
- Always have a break during your studies, constant learning can make you go beyond the exam section because you are involved in completing the chapter or part.
- Never have a plan B of doing an exam. The reason that you will notice once you got the questions has failed and left many candidates uncertified.
The critical message for human resource managers is to take this certification exam and shape several industries that lag because of inexperienced managers. The success of any company or organization depends on human resource managers. PHR certification will guarantee that every manager has the skills that lead to success.